On October 9, 2018, the terms of reference for the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety were released.
The terms of reference include:
- The quality of aged care services and whether they meet the needs of the people using them.
- The extent of substandard care, including mistreatment and abuse, and actions that should be taken in response.
- How to best deliver care services to people with disabilities (including younger people) in aged care facilities and those with dementia.
- The challenges and opportunities for delivering high quality care services in light of changing demographics and in remote and rural Australia.
- How the government, industry and community can ensure high quality and safe services.
- How to centre services on the individual’s needs and choices.
- How to provide care sustainably.
The time limits set for the Royal Commission are to submit an interim report by October 31, 2019 and a final report by April 30, 2020.
The information contained in this publication is based on the understanding KeyInvest (ABN 74 087 649 474 AFSL No. 240667) has of the relevant Australian legislation as at the date shown in this publication.
The information contained in this publication is of a general nature only and is intended for use by financial advisers and other licensed professionals only. It must not be handed to clients for their keeping nor can any copies of sections of this publication be given to clients. KeyInvest is not a registered tax agent under the Tax Agent Services Act 2009. We recommend that your client be referred to their registered tax agent or legal adviser prior to implementing any recommendations that you may make based on the information contained in this publication.