Planning with a KeyInvest Funeral Bond is a tax-effective way to reduce or remove the financial burden and stress on loved ones at the time of the investor’s passing by assisting with funeral expenses. With flexible investment options, it may also assist with eligibility and/or an increase to entitlements from Centrelink and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
Approved by Lonsec
*Refer to the disclaimer below.
Please note: Ratings are only one factor to be taken into account when deciding whether to invest in a financial product.
Social Security Benefits
- Individuals can contribute up to $15,000** to a Funeral Bond and have this amount exempt from the Assets and Income tests through Centrelink and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
- Up to $1,170 in extra entitlements for individuals may be possible, or $2,340 for couple’s when separate policies are taken out.
- Understand whether you qualify for social security entitlements by contacting Services Australia or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
Our friendly Client Services team at KeyInvest may also be able to assist with questions, however note they can only provide you with factual advice.
**applicable for the 2024FY. The figure is indexed annually by the Government.
- The earnings from the Funeral Bond do not form part of the annual (assessable) taxable income during the life of the policy.
- Earnings are internally taxed at a maximum rate of 30%.
- Funeral Bonds are tax paid investments which means there is nothing to report to the ATO whilst invested.
Choose your Underlying Investment Option
Protect your funds against market fluctuations over time with our Capital Guaranteed investment option, or choose form one of our three diversified, unitised investment options.
- Capital Guaranteed Fund (APIR IOF0073AU)
- Conservative Index Fund (APIR IOF5736AU)
- Balanced Index Fund (APIR IOF4575AU)
- Growth Index Fund (APIR IOF3293AU)
The KeyInvest Funeral Bond Capital Guaranteed Fund option is managed by Janus Henderson Investors (Australia) Institutional Funds Management. KeyInvest directly manages an allocation of up to 25% of the Fund in mortgage investments.
The KeyInvest Funeral Bond’s three diversified, unitised options are managed by Vanguard Investment Australia Ltd on behalf of KeyInvest.
- The ability to make additional contributions through a regular savings plan.
- There are no contribution limitations, although the amount of the investment should not exceed future anticipated funeral costs.
- Contribute up to $15,000*** and this amount may be exempt from the Assets and Income Tests through Centrelink and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
***applicable for the 2024FY. The figure is indexed annually by the Government.
Payment of Benefits
KeyInvest is here to support with the focus on ensuring an efficient and seamless process when it comes to claiming the proceeds of a Funeral Bond for a loved one.
The ownership option of the Funeral Bond determines the steps and documentation required in the claims process. KeyInvest encourages the legal personal representative(s) of the deceased members estate to call the KeyInvest Client Services team on 1300 658 904 so that one of the friendly staff can walk them through the process.
When the claim form is received with all the required documentation, payment is usually made within 5 business days.
For enquiries on products that are now closed to the public, please phone our friendly Client Services team on 1300 658 904.
- There are no age or health restrictions.
- No requirement to nominate or assign a Funeral Director to the policy.
- Individual or joint ownership options available.
The rating issued 02/2023 KeyInvest Funeral Bond is published by Lonsec Research Pty Ltd ABN 11 151 658 561 AFSL 421 445 (Lonsec). Ratings are general advice only, and have been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider your personal circumstances, read the product disclosure statement and seek independent financial advice before investing. The rating is not a recommendation to purchase, sell or hold any product. Past performance information is not indicative of future performance. Ratings are subject to change without notice and Lonsec assumes no obligation to update. Lonsec uses objective criteria and receives a fee from the Fund Manager. Visit lonsec.com.au for ratings information and for Financial Advisers to access the full report. © 2023 Lonsec. All rights reserved.
KeyInvest is a trading name of KeyInvest Ltd ABN 74 087 649 474 AFSL 240667. KeyInvest is not authorised to carry on business in any country other than Australia. The information contained in this website is directed to and available for Australian residents only. Copyright © KeyInvest 2017 unless otherwise noted.